Carolina Lumber is a displaying dealer of Velux Skylights. Whether you are replacing old dirty and faded bubble skylight or just want to add more light to a room to make it more comfortable and inviting, Carolina Lumber can help. There are so many reasons to choose Velux skylights but the most important is you… How will it make you feel? But, there are so many other reasons to choose a Velux Skylight:
- VELUX Quality
- Energy Efficiency
- The Complete System of VELUX products
- Reduce In-Home Condensation
- Flashing to Prevent Leaks
- VELUX’s Environmental Commitment
A Clear Choice – GLASS VS. PLASTIC – Glass, particularly the Comfort™ glazed glass used in all VELUX roof windows and skylights, is superior to plastic in every respect. It is:
- More energy efficient.
- More durable.
- Reduces external noises.
- Won’t discolor, leak, or allow drafts.
Industry leader – Throughout the last 60 years VELUX has been the world leader in the roof window and skylight industry. The preferred choice – VELUX is the preferred brand for American contractors according to every national survey of building industry professionals.
Innovation – VELUX holds more than 300 patents in roof window and skylight design.
The VELUX Promise – When you decide to use VELUX roof windows or skylights, you are assured that our dedication to providing exemplary products and services will not end with the completion of that project. Or the next. We stand behind our products with a promise of lasting service. Our warranty covers 20 years on insulated glass seal; 10 years on the skylight or roof window; and 5 years on blinds, controls and electronics.
ENERGY STAR® Approval – VELUX is leading the industry as the only manufacturer with all standard skylights meeting ENERGY STAR® approval guidelines for all climate regions of the US. By choosing VELUX, you can promote energy efficiency and save money on utility bills – all while making your home brighter and more comfortable.
VELUX Comfort™ and ComfortPlus™ glazings offer:
- Three times more protection against solar heat gain.
- Resists condensation twice as long as clear glass.
- Protects interiors by reflecting the vast majority of the sun’s fade-causing rays.
The Complete VELUX System
THE COMPLETE SYSTEM – The complete system for optimizing your Enlightened Spaces is available for you in the VELUX product program. Take advantage of our 60 years of experience and the complete solution we offer for controlling natural light and fresh air:
- EXTERIOR HEAT CONTROL – The best protection for heat gain is an exterior awning that stops the heat before it hits the glass and penetrates to the room.
- WEATHERTIGHT FLASHINGS – Leak-proof flashings are a must for every skylight. That is why we have been offering prefabricated VELUX flashing systems for most roof materials for more than 50 years.
- COMFORT GLAZING – Comfort glazing is standard in all VELUX skylights and roof windows. Comfort glazing allows you comfort on hot summer days and on cold winter nights.
- SKYLIGHTS AND ROOF WINDOWS – VELUX offers a wide assortment of skylights and roof windows to meet any need – light and ventilation, roof construction, roof material, roof pitch, ceiling type.
- INTERIOR LIGHT CONTROL – A huge assortment of blinds and shades are available to meet any needs you may have to diffuse, adjust or block out the light in your room. The blinds will also save you money on your energy bill.
- CONVENIENT CONTROLS – Convenient control of the skylight and blinds, and a convenient integration of the functions are available in our manual telescopic rods and in our electric infrared remote-controlled systems.
Velux Flashing Systems – Bring on the Rain
Like water off a duck’s back, VELUX flashing systems are designed to shed water without relying on sealants that can break down over time.
VELUX roof windows and skylights use flashing kits that are specific to roof pitch and roofing material. With proper VELUX flashing type and correct installation, the VELUX flashing is guaranteed against leaks for 10 years.
The unique construction of VELUX flashings ensures safe drainage of rainwater coming from the roof above the skylight, providing complete weathertightness and preventing leaks. VELUX flashings blend in well on most roofs because the roofing material covers the flashing top and sides and because of their neutral color.
VELUX flashings are compatible with virtually any type of roofing material, from standard covers such as shingles, shakes, standing seam metal and tile to corrugated sheeting or even thatch.
VELUX undertakes some of the world’s most severe artificial rain and wind tests to ensure that all products perform to the very highest standards.
Skylights Can Help Reduce Condensation in the Home.
Ventilation is a big step in the fight against condensation. That’s why VELUX builds roof windows and skylights with several exclusive features that can help your house breathe easier.
VELUX roof windows and ventilating skylights can be opened with manual or electric controls to release the warm, moist air within a home.
FRESH AIR CIRCULATION EVEN WHEN THEY’RE CLOSED
VELUX roof windows and the fixed skylight Model FSF feature an exclusive ventilation flap that allows air to enter and hot, moist air to escape. This unique flap can be left open year-round to provide air circulation.
WOOD SASH AND FRAME HELP INSULATE
All VELUX roof windows and skylights are constructed with quality wood, not metal or vinyl. Wood is an excellent natural insulator because it does not conduct heat like metal or vinyl.
ENERGY EFFICIENT GLASS
VELUX roof windows and skylights are available with Low-E insulated glass. Low-E keeps the interior glass pane warmer to lessen the chance of condensation forming.
GASKET SYSTEM DRAINS CONDENSATION
Should condensation occur, our skylights are even equipped with an exclusive gasket system that aids drainage of condensation to the outside.
VELUX Environmental Commitment
VELUX develops, manufactures, and markets products that provide and control daylight and fresh air in buildings. Our activities involve the procurement and processing of natural resources. This places upon us a direct obligation toward the environment. While upholding our tradition of quality and craftsmanship built over more than half a century and conducting our business in a profitable manner, we will continually assess and develop our environmental efforts.